What is RekryKoulutus?
RekryKoulutus is typically a combination of knowledge-based teaching at the educational institution and on-the-job learning at the partner company participating in the training. The content of RekryKoulutus is tailored to meet the skill needs of a specific employer or group of employers. In RekryKoulutus, the employer has the opportunity to find the skilled staff they need, and the participants gain valuable work experience. The training is also suitable for those changing professions. However, you cannot complete a degree or parts of a degree as RekryKoulutus.
The goal of the recruitment training is to train 10–13 biopharmaceutical industry operators for FinVector’s production tasks. Those who successfully complete the training will be employed by FinVector in a permanent employment contract after the training.
To whom is rekryKoulutus for?
The training is mainly targeted at unemployed job seekers and those at risk of unemployment who have an interest in and ability to work in the biopharmaceutical industry. Previous experience in laboratory or industrial production tasks is an advantage. The most important thing is interest and commitment to learning. During the training, you will get the necessary skills to work in FinVector’s manufacturing facilities regardless of your background.
This recruitment training is suitable for applicants who speak English. Knowledge of the Finnish language is not required. The working instructions and documentation language at FinVector is English so the applicants must have sufficient readiness to work in an English-speaking work environment.
Training in a nutshell
- The training duration: 1.2.–16.5.2024.
- Location: Savo Vocational College, Hehkukatu 1, Kuopio
- Training Content
- Laboratory working skills (cell culture, aseptics, solution preparation, etc.)
- Fundamentals of Gene Therapy
- Cleanroom working
- FinVector’s production process
The length of the teaching day during theoretical teaching and on-the-job learning is 7.5 h. The face-to-face teaching days of the training are carried out on Sakky’s new Savilahti campus. The FinVector workplace is also located in Savilahti, in the immediate vicinity of the school.
The training includes a total of eight (8) weeks of workplace learning at FinVector’s premises in Savilahti, Kuopio. A person in charge and a workplace instructor from the company are assigned to the students for the on-site learning period.
Why join FinVector?
At FinVector, you can dedicate your everyday work to delivering hope and improving the lives of people with chronic health conditions. Our inclusive international community allows our employees to collaborate with other world-class experts who share a passion for improving health outcomes through cutting-edge science and manufacturing technology. We have thoughtfully cultivated a friendly, supportive, and well-structured environment that benefits the company’s mission and fosters both professional and personal growth for our employees.
During the past years, we have been growing exponentially as many new experts are needed to work in the new pharmaceutical factory that will be completed next year.
As a FinVectorian, you will become part of a fantastic and international working community with multiple awesome employee benefits:
- 550€ worth of ePassi benefits (for sports, wellbeing and cultural free-time activities)
- Extended occupational healthcare services
- Free parking in the campus area
- Access to the bonus model
- Extremely active Fun Committee with game nights, handicrafts, sports and a weird sense of humour
- Discounts from local wellbeing providers.
About the application process
Apply for education by December 31st, 2023. Preliminary selection will be on January 4th, 2024, and we’ll start interviewing the candidates from mid-January.
The application process for the training program is two-fold:
- To apply for the training, fill out the electronic application form at Työmarkkinatori (in Finnish):
- Go to Personal Customers -> Open Labour Training -> Select the right training (Use the number 717477 for search) -> From the Description or Information tabs, click on “Apply for this training”.
- Log into the service with personal online banking credentials or with a chip-based ID card. If you fill out the electronic application without logging in, you must confirm your application at the TE Office before the application deadline ends.
- In addition to the training application, applicants are asked to submit a CV to FinVector’s application system Talentadore.
Please fill in your application carefully, especially the section “Detailed justifications”, as those invited for an interview are selected based on the application.
You can monitor the processing of your application at Työmarkkinatori (in Finnish) (My Services – Personal Customer section under Labour Training > Status of my applications).
During the training period, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits (possibly increased) and expense compensation. You can agree on recording your training application in your employment plan in the My Services section.
For more information on applying for training and financial benefits during training, please contact the National Training Advisory service of TE services, tel. 0295 020 702 (Mon – Fri 9.00 – 16.15). You can also contact via chat, contact form, or Facebook. Further information can be found from Työmarkkinatori (in Finnish).
- FinVector: HR Business Partner, Eetu Salmela, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 044 430 4812
- Savo Vocational College, Responsible teacher Minttu Turunen, email@example.com, tel. 044 785 3126
- Savo Vocational College, Corporate Services Manager, Maija Savolainen firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 044 785 3545
- Employment and Economic Development Office, Saara Venäläinen, email@example.com, tel. 0295 043 526